Houses of Multiple Occupation – HMO Properties
Hull Investment Property has specialised in the HMO market in Hull since 2008.
Over the years, we have converted and managed around 45 HMOs for both UK and International investors and this continues to grow today.
Since August 2019, the HMO market has changed with “new” licensing regulations and the extended Article 4 Area in Hull. Several private landlords have decided to sell up, either because their properties are tired and no longer comply with building regulations, no licence or no panning permission applied for at the appropriate time. Various reasons could be stated why the HMO market has changed in Hull be it the over saturation of cheap rooms particularly in HU3 and HU5. The demand from migrant workers for rooms. The amount of new build accommodation aimed at the student market on or around the University Campus has impacted greatly on landlords operating in the student market.
The current demand for rooms in Hull is for good quality en-suite rooms aimed at the contract market, medical students and working professionals.
Working with our partners and associates we can offer HMO lettings and management for those landlords with HMOs in Hull or those looking to invest in Hull.
- We can off an appraisal of an existing HMO in Hull = £50.00 each visit
- Zoopla / Rightmove listings
- We can provide HMO Conversion or Refurbishments (Site visit required)
- Building Control / Power Team / Maintenance / Repairs
- Buying or Selling HMOs in Hull
- HMO Management in Hull (From 12.5%)
A dedicated Investors meeting room is available to discuss your requirements and strategy moving forward.
We act for International investor clients across Europe, Scandinavia, America, South Africa and throughout Asia.
We can offer consultancy across all areas to investors and landlords regarding the HMO market in Hull
- Location, Location, Location
- Article 4
- HMO Licencing
- COL – Certificate of Lawfulness
- LACORS Fire Regulations
- Hull City Council - Building Control
- Safe and Compliance for Tenants
- Rental Income
- HMO Lettings and Management
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Garden Tidy / Ground Works
- Floor Plans
- EPC Certificates
- Valuation Reports
- Site Visits / Assessments
- Clear & Clean
- Removal & Disposal of Contents